Being frustrated and full of hate is rarely something productive. If you are a web developer and have the feeling that all this hate for a “certain browser” is making you insane maybe this post can be of some help for you.
Here’s a list of different ways to address the hate some (all?) people feel for the web browser Internet Explorer 6.
How to deal with the hate
- Say goodbye! Write a note or why not an emotional poem.
- Get a t-shirt and then post a picture of yourself wearing it.
- Make a clear stand and welcome IE6 with an angry splash-page.
- Make yourself a voodoo-doll and start stabbing! (The photo on top is borrowed from this article.)
- Start breaking into other peoples computers to apply small but effective modifications!
- Join this facebook-group to discuss your hate in a “constructive” way.
- Start using Googles IE6-warning on your (and/or your clients) web sites.
- Fool IE6-people to upgrade with an IE-look-alike information bar.
- Go to lala-land and simply stop supporting the browser all together.
- Block people from your web-site if they use IE6.
- Make sure IE6 will crash! And practice your evil laughter when the crash occurs.
- Look at this chart.
- Try to force IE6 to behave like IE7 (although if it really works I’m not sure it’s that big of an improvement).
- Enjoy some japanese hate (Isn’t it respectful of them to refer to “him” as Mr.?)
- Subscribe to the death-march
- Take a look at this list. Does it make you feel a little better?
- View statistics to see IE6 decline.
- Read other people’s hateful thoughts.
- If your client is feeding your hate, (and you like your client), show him this happy page.
- Look at these good and positive reasons for using IE6. Yes, Good reasons actually exists!
- Spam other people with links like this one or this one and make sure to put this logo on your page.
- If nothing else works. Try to replace all that hate with love…
Happy hateful weekend!